English III: Writing Skills (Grade 11)
English III: Writing Skills is designed to prepare students for post-high school studies and careers which require strong reading and writing skills. English III builds on skills learned in English II: Composition Skills by continuing to hone writing skills:
- Builds students' experience with forms of writing (vignettes, legends, historical fiction, technical, business letters, reports).
- Incorporates critical thinking skills in writing (recognizing facts/opinions, cause-effect relationships, and literary techniques).
- Emphasizes focus and organization, word usage, research paper skills, and standardized test prep.
- Students read, write and evaluate different genres carefully assigned to expose students to noble ideals and writing techniques that equip students to craft strong sentences and paragraphs, while becoming effective wordsmiths skilled in producing poems, letters, essays, narratives, editorials, articles, speeches, allegories, and research papers.
- Students gain experience writing pieces that inform, entertain, persuade and challenge.
The Full Course Kit includes a printed Teacher Resource Kit (plus digital download) in addition to the five Chapter Texts and five Activities Books. The Chapter Activity Books are available either for individual purchase or as a package.
Paradigm high school English is available in a seamless program that begins with English I and continues through English IV. Every grade level (I through IV) focuses on interpretation and development of writing styles.
A major feature of all Paradigm English courses is the vignette approach, carefully designed to engage students to aspire towards noble character and life purpose. During the learning process, students enhance vocabulary, build moral character, and gain insight on how to make wise life choices.
*ENG I and ENG II can be used to recover students who are not ready for ENG III writing assignments.